How to Clean Chocolate Stains Out of Carpet, Mission Viejo CA
If you are reading this article, then you probably got a little too excited with your chocolate ice cream or have a kiddo in your home. We won’t judge if it’s the first one. Whether it’s ice cream, frosting, chocolate syrup, or hot chocolate, it’s great until it ends up on your brand new white shag carpet. Chocolate is not %100 mess free, especially when it comes to kids. So, with lots of experience in the stain game, we have a few tips on how to clean chocolate stains out of carpet.
How to Clean Chocolate Stains
- Cup or bucket
- Cold water
- Dish soap
- Cloth or rag
- If your stain is still wet skip to step three. If the chocolate has dried, take a butter knife and scrape off as much as the chocolate stain as you can.
- Vacuum as much of the dried flakes as you can.
- Run cold water directly over the carpet stain. To do this at home, fill a large cup or bucket with water (depending on how big the stain is) and soak the stain.The water will help the stain start to loosen from the carpet.
- Squirt a small amount of light dishwashing detergent onto a clean cloth and rub the stain in a circular motion.
- Let sit for a few minutes. We know it’s tempting to keep cleaning, but the waiting is crucial here.
- Rinse again with cold water.
- Leave the area to dry and the chocolate stain should disappear.
If this DIY solution is still leaving your carpet a bit stained, consider getting your carpets professionally cleaned. Here are a few more how-tos for other tricky stains like red wine and pet stains. If getting chocolate on your clothes is typically the problem, we recommend reading this article.